Food : Savory
Zuchinji and Halumoi Fritters with Tropical Breakfast Hollandaise
- 300g (about 6-8) zucchini
- 1 onion, grated
- 250g haloumi, grated
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Light olive oil, to fry
- Salt flakes, to serve
- Tropical breakfast hollandaise to serve
- 400g Rice Vinegar
- 4g tumeric powder
- 6g Dilmah tropical breakfast tea
- 1 Vanilla pod
- 7g Black Peppercorn
- 20g fresh scraped coconut
Vanilla Tea Hollandaise
- 6 Egg Yolk
- 200g Brown Butter infused (Start with 300g butter with 4 g)
- Dilmah Tropical breakfast Tea bags
- 30ml Vinegar Reduction
- Salt and pepper
- Coarsely grate the zucchinis, then squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Place in a bowl and add the onion, haloumi cheese, flour, lemon rind, eggs and dill.
- Season with salt and black pepper and stir to combine. Form the zucchini mixture into about 25 bite-size patties. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm.
- Pan fry and serve with hollandaise Tropical breakfast hollandaise
- Mix everything Together and reduce to ¼ .
- For tea infused brown butter
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter into liquid
- Add the tea leaves
- Heat the mixture for 5 minutes on low heat
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it stand for 5 minutes so that the butter is colored by the tea leaves
- Pour the mixture through a sieve while pressing on the tea leaves. Throw the leaves away.
- Let the mixture come to room temperature and then use it like regular butter in what you’re baking.
- Make the hollandaise in the usual way.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Inspirations
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Tropical Breakfast Tea