Food : Appetisers
YUZU CHEESECAKE WITH PINEAPPLE TEXTURE AND SESAME TUILLE
IngredientsYuzu Cheese Cake
- 250ml Yuzu Juice
- 4 Eggs
- 180g Sugar
- 300g Butter
- 200g Cream, whipped
- 6g Gelatin Powder
- 12pcs Pineapple, cut into desire shape
- 100g Pineapple Puree
- 2tbsp. Simple Syrup
- Vanilla Pod
- 180g Sesame Seeds
- 125g Sugar
- 125g All-purpose Flour
- 4tsp Unsalted Butter, melted
Candied Lime Peel
- 2 Lime Skins
- 1½ cups Sugar
- 1 cup Water
MethodYuzu Cheese Cake
- Mix gelatin powder with warm water and allow to cool. Blend sugar and butter together until smooth; add eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition. Add Yuzu juice and gelatin and blend well. Fold in the cream. Let set under refrigeration.
- Place all ingredients in a vacuum bag, seal it. Let it marinate for at least 2 hours. Drain the pineapple. Set aside until ready to use.
- Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl until it becomes a dough. Use a rolling pin to roll to the desired thickness. Pre-heat oven to 180°C and bake till golden brown. Remove from oven and use a cutter to cut to desired shape.
Candied Lime Peel
- Using a sharp knife, carefully remove any thick white pith from lime peel. Cut peel into thin 2-inch-long strips.
- Bring a medium pot filled with water to a boil over high heat. Prepare an ice-water bath. Add lime peel to boiling water and cook for 1 minute.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer lime peel to ice water bath to cool. Repeat process.
- Heat sugar and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Drain lime peel and add to saucepan; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer lime peel to a wire rack set over parchment paper to drain.
Created by : Yam An Nie