Food : Main Courses
YOUNG HYSON GREEN TEA GNOCCHI
IngredientsGreen Tea Gnocchi
- 490g ricotta
- 2 tsp of Dilmah Pure Green Tea, ground loose leaf tea
- 2 eggs
- Finely cracked black pepper and salt to taste
- 260g plain flour
- 2 tsp extra Dilmah Pure Green Tea
- 250g butter
MethodGreen Tea Gnocchi
- Stir together the ricotta, tea, eggs, salt and pepper until blended
- Add the flour and stir until dough forms a large ball.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead slightly, adding more flour if mixture is too sticky.
- Divide the dough into several pieces and roll each one into cigar shapes about 8mm wide.
- Cut each ‘cigar’ into 2.5cm segments.
- Lightly press your knuckle or the back of a fork into each segment to make slight indentations.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to the boil over high heat.
- When the water boils, sprinkle in 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Drop the gnocchi into the boiling water in small batches.
- Cook until they float to the surface, for about 3 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cooked gnocchi to a colander.
- The gnocchi will have expanded slightly in size to tender pillowy dumplings.
- Heat a non-stick pan and place the butter in.
- Let it melt and then add the extra 2 teaspoons of green tea.
- Add the still hot gnocchi and toss through the butter and tea until the gnocchi is a slight golden colour.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Natural Green Tea Selection
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Pure Green
Created by : Sara Egan