Food : Savory
WARM PUFF PASTRY FILLED WITH DUCK BREAST AND DUCK LIVER GRAVY
- 140g duck breast
- 35g chicken
- 75g pork
- 35g sub-walnut calf
- 40g lard
- 30g farce gratin
- 50g duck liver, 30g diced, 20g sieved
- Madeira Cognac
- Truffle juice
- 23g fat bacon
- 23g lean pork
- 230g chicken liver
- 100g red wine
- 100g port wine
- Juniper Berries
- 350ml water
- 28g salt
- 120g melted butter
- 300g cake flour
- 500g bread flour
- 340g butter
- Dissolve the salt in cold water and mix with the melted butter.
- Add the cake flour and bread flour in the butter-water mixture and stir.
- Mix the dough, wrap it with a plastic film and rest in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle; place the butter in the centre.
- Fold the sides of the dough over the butter to make them overlap slightly in the centre.
- Roll out the dough, fold the bottom third up over the middle, then fold the top third over, roll it out and repeat the folding.
- Rest the dough in the fridge for 3 hours, and then repeat the folding twice.
- Cut out circles from the dough
- Spread a disc of dough; put the meat filling in the centre to form a core.
- Put another disc of dough on top.
- Seal and polish with egg yolk.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and bake for 16 minutes
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Silver Jubilee Gourmet
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Silver Jubilee Pure Chamomile
Created by : Ng Wai Kee