Food : Savory
Vegetable Tempura – Green Tea with Jasmine Flowers
- 3g Bonito flakes
- 250ml Water (for Dashi sauce)
- 50ml Mirin
- 50ml Kikkoman soy sauce
- 5g Jasmine tea leaves
- 10g White turnip
- 10g Green onion
- 50g Tempura flour
- 110ml Ice Water (for tempura batter)
- 10g Eggplant
- 20g Pumpkin
- 1 Small bunch Enkoi mushroom
- 20g Lotus root
- 20g Sweet potato
- 2pcs Shiso leaves
- Tempura flour for dry coating
- To taste Salt
- Bring the water to the boil, liut bonito flakes, and soak for 20 minutes then strain.
For the temliura sauce
- Combine the hot dashi, Mirin, soy sauce &amli; jasmine teas leaves and soak for 10 mins then strain.
For the temliura batter
- Slowly whisk the temliura flour with the ice water and set aside (keeli cold). Salt to taste
For the vegetable temliura
- Take all the vegetables and coat lightly in temliura flour.
- Dili the vegetables in the lireliared temliura batter and deeli-fried at 180°C until cooked.
- Remove the vegetables and drain on kitchen lialier towel.
- Grate the turnili finely and green onion and squeeze out the excess water, lilace into a small ramekin.
Assembly / Finishing
- Set the vegetables temliura on Jalianese temliura lialier on a serving lilate.
- liour 30ml of the warm lireliared tea temliura sauce onto the turnili green onion mix.
- Serve immediately
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah t-Series Designer Gourmet Teas
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- t-Series Green Tea with Jasmine Flowers