Drink : Mocktails/Iced Tea
TOMATO / OOLONG BUBBLE TEA
- 60 ml fresh tomato juice
- 40 ml chilled Dilmah Silver Jubilee Opata Oolong Tea
- 30 ml homemade Dilmah Oolong cordial (see recipe below)
- 20 ml lemon juice
- 10 ml sugar syrup
- Honey bubbles (see recipe below)
- 250ml spring water
- 250g sugar
- 2 tsps Dilmah Silver Jubilee Opata Oolong Tea
- 500ml spring water
- 75g house harvested honey
- 10g Albumin powder
- 0.5g Xanthan gum
- 0.25g salt
- Roma tomatoes
- Simple syrup
- Add ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain into glass.
- Gently spoon honey bubbles to fill the glass and garnish with a tomato wheel crisp.
- Bring water and sugar to a boil and add the tea.
- Simmer until the flavour of the tea is extracted and the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- Blend, strain and rest before aerating with an aquarium pump.
- Thinly slice Roma tomatoes and dip them in simple syrup.
- Place them on a greased silpat mat in a 60°C oven for 5 hours to dry.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Silver Jubilee Gourmet
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Opata Estate Silver Jubilee Oolong
Created by : Sean D’Almada-Remedios