Food : Appetisers
THE SWEET WHISPER
• 250g Almond Powder
• 250g Icing Sugar
• 80g Egg White
• 225g Castor Sugar
• 60g Water
• 60g Egg Whites
• 200g White Chocolate
• 350ml Fresh Cream
• 125ml Dilmah Ceylon Tea with strawberry
• 5g Gelatin
- Mix almond powder, icing sugar and egg white to a paste and set aside.
- Cook castor sugar and water to 121°C and transfer the paste to a mixer with a whisk attachment.
- Pour in egg whites and slowly beat like an Italian meringue.
- Mix meringue with almond paste till it forms a smooth texture.
- Pipe onto a baking tray and bake at 140°C for 20 minutes.
- In a pan, place fresh cream and boil over medium heat. When it starts to boil add Ceylon Strawberry Tea and infuse for a while. Next add in the chopped white chocolate and melt it as a ganache. Once melted add in the gelatin and mix well till dissolved and take off from heat.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Silver Jubilee Gourmet
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Silver Jubilee Ceylon Tea With Strawberry
Created by : Buddika Samarasekera