Food : Main Courses
- 3 duck breasts
- Rind from 1 lemon
- Thyme sprigs
- 40ml olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Kataifi pastry
- 30g butter
- 50g chopped onions
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 50ml white wine
- 100g mushrooms finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Combine the lemon, thyme, salt and olive oil to make a marinade.
- Apply the marinade to the duck breasts and leave to marinate for 2 hours.
- Sear the duck breast and cook in an oven at 180C to 8-10 minutes.
- Loosen the Kataifi pastry.
- Take 2 wire baskets – one basket should be 2.5 inch in diameter and the second should be 2 inches in diameter. (The baskets can be bought from any Chinese grocery shop)
- Place some of the pastry inside the larger basket and press down with the smaller basket.
- Deep fry until crisp and keep on a paper towel to absorb the oil. If required trim the edges to make it neat.
- Sauté the onion, add chopped garlic and the mushrooms and cook until lightly brown.
- Add the white wine and cook until the wine is absorbed.
- Cool mix.
Created by : Vipin Sharma