Food : Main Courses
THE MEDA WATTE SANDWICH
IngredientsIngredients For Meda Watte Tea Bread Dough
- 375g Bread Flour
- 187g Cake Flour
- 13g Salt
- 4g Sea Salt
- 18g Sugar
- 250g Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 25g Fresh Yeast
- 187g Butter, room temperature
- 15g Meda Watte Tea, finely chopped
Ingredients For Filling
- 25g Mushrooms, cooked
- 60g Chicken Breast, cooked
- 20g Mayonnaise
- 2g Meda Watte Tea
- Salt and Pepper
- Chop the cooked mushrooms and chicken breast into small dice. Add in the mayonnaise, salt and pepper, save the mixture for later use.
- Dissolve the fresh yeast with milk.
- Knead together the fresh yeast, flour, eggs, tea and milk; mix on low speed for 5 minutes and fast speed for 6 minutes.
- Add salt, sugar and butter and knead for 2 minutes. Rest on the table for 1 hour.
- Cut into rectangles of 2cm x 10cm. Leave the dough to rise in a proofing cabinet for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cut the Yata Watte tea bread in half and fill with the mushroom and chicken mayonnaise.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Watte Boutique Tea
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Meda Watte
Created by : Ng Wai Kee