Food : Main Courses
TEA INSPIRED EGGS BENEDICT
IngredientsTEA INSPIRED EGGS BENEDICT
- 4 nos egg white
- 4 nos English muffins
- 100g Dilmah English Breakfast tea.
- 100g smoked chicken
- 4 nos tortellini
- 2 nos egg yolk
- 20ml vinegar
- 2 nos shallot
- 5g pepper
- 50ml clarified butter
MethodTEA INSPIRED EGGS BENEDICT
- Prepare Hollandaise and set aside.
- Infuse the tortellini with tea.
- Poach the eggs.
- Now stack the poached egg on the English muffin with the smoked chicken and tortellini.
- Finish with hollandaise.
- Boil the vinegar together with pepper and shallots.
- Boil a large pan of water, then reduce to a simmer.
- Beat together the egg yolks and reduced vinegar in a heatproof bowl that fits snugly over the pan.
- Beat vigorously until the mixture forms a foam- take off heat.
- Whisk in the butter and return to heat. Take off heat once the butter is fully incorporated.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Gourmet Tea Selection
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- English Breakfast
Created by : Soraiya Mareena Dole