Food : Main Courses
TEA-INFUSED CHICKEN SALAD IN CHAPATTI CORNETS
Tea Infused Chicken
• 200g Chicken breast
• 30g Pomegranates and Mint Tea
• 500ml Water
• 25g Salt
• 25g Pepper
Tea Infused Butter
• 200g Butter , diced
• 10g Pomegranates and Mint Tea
• 1tbsp. Xanthan Water
• 500g Whole Wheat/Atta Flour
• Salt to taste
• 2tbsp. Ghee, or as needed
• Pomegranates and Mint Tea infused Butter
• 8g Earl Grey Tea
• 100ml Hot Water
• 125ml Milk
• 160ml Sunflower Oil
• 18ml Lemon juice
• Salt & Pepper to taste
MethodTea Infused Chicken
- Heat water with salt, pepper and tea. Let it simmer for 2-3 mins and remove from the heat. Use a cling film to cover and let it steep for 30 mins till cold. Place the chicken breast in a vacuum pack with the tea marinade and let it infuse for 2-3 hrs. Remove from the water, pat dry and steam at 75°C for 15 mins.
Tea Infused Butter
- Place a saucepot on medium heat and add the xanthan water. Using a whisk, gradually add in the diced butter until all is emulsified. Pour in the tea and mix well, ensuring the tea has dispersed and completely covers the butter. Allow to infuse for 20 mins, strain through a fine sieve and set back into butter.
- Pour the wheat flour, salt, and ghee into a bowl and mix together.
- Add ½ a cup of the water to the flour mixture and stir the mixture until it’s soft and supple. Add more water slowly, stirring until it’s fully combined.
- Place the dough into an oiled bowl, and cover and rest for 25 minutes. Divide the dough into 10-12 small balls, and dip them in flour.
- Roll the dough with a rolling pin until the balls resemble thin, flat discs.
- Cut it into 4 segments, roll it to cornets mould and brush with the Pomegranates and Mint Tea butter.
- Using a non-stick pan, cook both sides of each disk to gain some colour.
- Heat the oven to 170°C and bake chapattis for 3-4 minutes to ensure the dough cooked.
- Prepare a bowl, add the hot water and Earl Grey Tea and let it brew. Let cool, strain through sieve and mix with the lemon juice. Slowly pour in the milk and, using a hand blender, slowly emulsify the sunflower oil into the mixture. Season and chill.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Vivid Tea Selection by Dilmah
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Vivid Ceylon Tea with Pomegrante & Mint
Created by : Yam An Nie