Food : Main Courses
TASMANIAN SMOKED SALMON ON BRIOCHE
- 250g plain flour
- 35g castor sugar
- 50g full cream milk
- 10g dried yeast
- 125g eggs
- 90g unsalted butter
- 5g salt
- Combine flour, sugar, yeast, milk and half of the egg into a mixer fitted with a dough hook.
- Once the dough comes away from the side of the bowl, add the remaining egg, butter and salt. Allow to mix for 10 to 15 minutes until elastic.
- Rest in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Divide dough into 35g, shape and place into buttered brioche moulds.
- Prove until they have doubled in size. Glaze with an egg wash and bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Created by : Naomi Elizabeth Kilpatrick