Drink : Mocktails/Iced Tea
Spiked Blood Orange Tea (Dilmah Luxury Leaf Evening Tea remix)
- 5 Dilmah Luxury Leaf Evening Tea Sachets (loose leaf)
- 1100 mls just boiled water
- 5 blood oranges
- 1/4-1/2 cup sugar, depending on taste
- 7 shots good quality spiced rum (210 mls)
- 1 whole blood orange, washed well (peel still on)
- Few sprigs fresh thyme (optional)
- Steep Dilmah Luxury Leaf Evening Tea in just boiled water for four minutes and then strain and cool.
- Juice four of the blood oranges to give around 330ml liquid and then heat up orange juice with sugar and bring to the boil. Simmer for 4-5 minutes over a low heat and then leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a jug or bowl, mix tea, orange juice and spiced rum together.
- Slice remaining orange into medium-thick slices.
- To serve, add two orange slices and a sprig of thyme.