Food : Main Courses
Southern Ocean Yellowfin Tuna, Daikon, Glutinous Rice, Sencha, Shoyu, Pickled Ginger
- 100g tuna fillet
- 100g daikon
- 50g glutinous rice flour
- 50g black and white sesame seeds
- 1 bag Dilmah Sencha Steamed Green Tea
- 20ml Japanese light soy sauce (shoyu)
- 10g wasabi paste
- 30g pink pickled ginger
- 120ml salmon stock
- 3g gellan
- Steam peeled daikon until tender, then purée. Add glutinous rice flour and water to mix to a smooth paste, seasoning with wasabi and salt. Shape and steam until set, then coat with toasted sesame seeds and chill.
- Brew Sencha tea as per package directions, then place in pot and bring to the boil. Add gellan, whisk well, pour onto flat tray and allow to set.
- Add shoyu to stock, bring to the boil, add gellan and set as above.
- Slice ginger into shape, and put into 120C oven to dry.
- To assemble, lay tuna onto daikon pastry, lay Sencha jelly on tuna, and garnish with shoyu jelly and ginger.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Natural Green Tea Selection
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe