Food : Main Courses
SMOKED SALMON SCOTCH EGGS
- 200g smoked salmon
- 200g raw salmon
- 100g plain flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 4 free range eggs, boiled
- 300g breadcrumbs
- Pinch of sea salt
- Boil or steam eggs till cooked, chill and peel.
- Put both smoked and raw salmon in a food processor, add salt and blend till fish becomes a smooth paste.
- Lightly coat eggs in flour and then wrap a layer of fish mix around each egg, approximately 2mm thick.
- Then coat into the flour again then drop straight into the beaten egg and finish by covering in bread crumbs.
- Cook eggs in deep fryer at 180C for one minute or until golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold, cut into half with fresh horseradish grated on top and salt to season.
Created by : Derek Lai