Food : Main Courses
Sensational Berry Pavlova Roll
- 100g egg whites
- 135g vanilla sugar
- 10g cornflour
- 7g white vinegar
- 2 Dilmah Exceptional Berry Sensation tea bags
- 50ml hot water
- 200g cream (UHT)
- 1 Dilmah Exceptional Berry Sensation tea bag, opened
- 2 tbsp raspberries, dehydrated
- 2 tbsp strawberries, dehydrated
- Beat the egg whites with a small percentage of vanilla sugar until stiff peaks.
- Gradually add the rest of the sugar until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Fold in the cornflour, vinegar and 50ml of the hot tea until just combined.
- Spread the mixture onto a paper-lined and well-greased tray.
- Bake at 170°C for 8–10 minutes until just set (slight colour).
- Turn out onto a piece of greaseproof paper lightly dusted with sugar.
- Infuse the loose tea in the cream overnight.
- Strain, discard the tea.
- Whip the cream to soft peak.
- Spread evenly over the Pavlova and sprinkle with the berries.
- Using the greaseproof paper, roll the Pavlova (like a Swiss roll).
- Roll again in a dry tea towel.
- Set aside in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Dust with icing sugar and slice.
- Garnish with two pieces of strawberry on each side of the sliced pavlova.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Exceptionals
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Exceptional Berry Sensation
Created by : John Kelleher