Drink : Mocktails/Iced Tea
Cold Brew Tea Soda
- 1L spring water at room temperature
- 5 tsp Dilmah t-Series Sencha with Lemongrass and Peppermint
- 1 teabag Dilmah Exceptional Natural Lemon Verbena
- ½ cup boiling water
- ½ cup castor sugar
- 225g strained cucumber purée
- 2 tsp yuzu juice
- 2 flakes Murray River salt
MethodCold Brew Tea Soda
- Add tea to water and allow to brew in the fridge for 10 hours.
- Strain tea and pour into a soda Siphon. Charge the Siphon with CO2 gas and keep cold.
- Make a strong infusion by steeping teabag in water for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve. Allow to cool.
- Stir to dissolve.
Verbena and Cucumber Sorbet
- Add syrup to juice and mix.
- Pour into cryonitro bowl and pour in a good amount of liquid nitrogen to start as you begin to cool the cucumber liquid while gently whisking at first, then more and more vigorously as it starts to thicken.
- Place a scoop of sorbet into a champagne glass and top up with Sencha soda.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah t-Series Designer Gourmet Teas
- Dilmah Exceptionals
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Exceptional Natural Lemon Verbena
Created by : Benjamin Mardle