Food : Appetisers
Seared Tuna and Prawns with Mougrabieh, Carrot Puree and Arabian Mint Tea with Honey Dressing
• 5 tea bags Dilmah Exceptional Arabian Mint Tea with Honey
• 300g Fresh tuna (cut into cubes)
• 12 Green Prawn Cutlets (de-veined)
• 150ml Extra virgin olive oil
• 500g Carrots (peeled and cut into 2cm length)
• 150ml Milk (warm)
• 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
• 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
• ½ Red Onion (finely chopped)
• 1 tablespoon Ras el Hanout
• 300g Mougrabieh
• 2 tablespoons Currants
• 2 tablespoons toasted Pistachios
• 1 tablespoon Flat Leaf Parsley (sliced)
• ½ Lemon (juiced)
• 3 Labna Balls cut in half
• 1 dessert spoon Sumac
• 100ml Chardonnay Vinegar
• Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
• ¼ Cup Coriander Leaves for garnish
- In a heavy based non-stick pan, sauté carrot to colour on a high heat in 10ml of extra virgin olive oil.
- Remove from heat and steam until tender.
- Puree in a food processor with milk, cumin and 1 dessert spoon of olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside and keep warm.
- Bring 2l of water to the boil and cook mougrabieh for 20 minutes. Drain and reserve.
- In a heavy based pan, add 40ml extra virgin olive oil, diced onion and Ras el Hanout stirring for approximately 20 minutes.
- Add currants, pistachios, mougrabieh, sliced parsley and lemon juice. Set aside and keep warm.
- Roll Labna balls in Sumac, cut in half and set aside. Season Tuna with salt and pepper. In a heavy based pan on high heat, sear tuna for 20 seconds on each side.
- Repeat process with prawns and sear for 1 minute on each side. Rest tuna and prawns in a warm place.
- Heat 100ml Chardonnay vinegar, add the Arabian Mint Tea with Honey and infuse for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and whisk in 100ml extra virgin olive oil.
- Spoon mougrabieh evenly onto 6 plates. Spoon carrot puree beside the mougrabieh and rest tuna and prawns in between. Drizzle with Arabian mint tea with honey dressing. Finish with sumac coated labna and coriander leaves.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Exceptionals
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Exceptional Arabian Mint Tea with Honey
Created by : David Pugh