Food : Main Courses
SEAFOOD CAKE WITH DILMAH CHAMOMILE FLOWER TEA CAVIAR
- 100g fresh Blue-Eye fish
- 3 prawns
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp kaffir lime leaves
- 1 chilli (deseeded)
- 1 tsp chopped lemongrass
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 100g rice flour
- 2 tsp yeast
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 egg
- 200ml coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp agar-agar
- 1 drop orange colouring
- 3 tbsp Dilmah Pure Chamomile Flowers
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 200ml vegetable oil
- Cut fish and prawns into cubes.
- Add coriander and lime leaves, salt, pepper, chopped chilli, lime juice, fennel seeds and lemongrass. Mix together.
- Separate into small cake shaped portions and bake in combi dry & steam at 200C for 6 minutes on a grease-proof tray.
- Mix rice flour, salt, yeast, sugar and egg with a bit of warm water. Add coconut milk and make a smooth batter.
- Make the hopper in a traditional metal hopper bowl or big ladle using fire.
- Boil water with agar-agar and orange colouring, chamomile flowers and sugar.
- Strain well.
- Pour the mix into a syringe and pop it out little by little into cold oil.
- Wait until it settles and drain the oil.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Silver Jubilee Gourmet
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Silver Jubilee Pure Chamomile
Created by : Anton Turco