Food : Appetisers
Honey Scones Ingredients
• 320g self raising flour
• 40g caster sugar
• 40g unsalted butter
• 2 eggs
• 80ml milk
• 80ml cream
• 25g lemon peel
• 2 tablespoon honey
Lemon and Nutmeg Jam Ingredients
• 2 lemons
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 100g sugar
• 1 cup water
• 1 cup extra water to boil lemons zest
• Pinch of Nutmeg
Honey Scones Method
- Place all the dry ingredients in a mixer to make a crumble.
- Add eggs, milk, cream, lemon peel and honey.
- Roll on the bench with flour for approx 1.5 cm thickness and cut out with desired size of round cutter.
- Egg wash the top of the scone, rest for 30 min and place in 180°C with damp out, bake it for 15 min ~ 20 min.
Lemon and Nutmeg Jam Method
- 1. Grate 3 lemons into a small pot.
- 2. Slice one lemon thinly into rings or lengthwise. Add them into pot.
- 3. Pour 1 cup water over lemons and boil it 10 minutes.
- 4. Strain its water and repeat this step. The bitterness of lemon zest will be removed this way.
- 5. Add sugar, lemon juice and 2 cups water over strained lemon zest in pot.
- 6. Boil it over medium low heat until it reaches the right jam consistency, about 30 minutes.
Created by : Misaki Montgomery