Food : Main Courses
Salmon Sashimi ‘My Way’
• 1 Cucumber, peeled into ribbons
• 50g Wakame Salad
• Wasabi Paste
• Sesame Seeds, for garnish
• 100gr Ora King Salmon Fillet, de-boned and skinned (only use the thickest and meatiest part of the salmon)
• 100ml Water
• 100g Castor Sugar
• 3 slices Fresh Ginger
- Take the salmon fillet and cut 20 even cubes 1cm x 1cm x 1cm. They have to be perfect cubes
- In a pot bring all 3 ingredients to a boil. Cook until you obtain the right consistency.* Put in a small squeezy bottle and keep aside. Do not refrigerate. Remember that the syrup will get thicker as it gets colder. Don’t over reduce it or it will set hard once cold.
*You can check the consistency of the syrup by having a plate in the fridge and pouring some of the syrup on the cold plate. It will set straight away, if the consistency is right.
Created by : Laurent Loudeac