Food : Main Courses
Rosehip & Hibiscus Infused Raspberry Chocolate Swiss Roll
• 125g Sugar
• 100g Flour
• 4 nos. Whole Eggs
• 25g Cocoa Powder
• 2 tablespoon Warm Milk
• 20g Dilmah Rosehip & Hibiscus
• 3 nos. Whole Eggs
• 150ml Water
• 150g Butter Cream
• 80g Raspberry
• 20g Sugar
- Pre heat oven to 220°C. Cook 80g Raspberry with 20g sugar until reduced to a consistency.
- Pour 150ml hot water into a pot and add 20g Rosehip & Hibiscus. Let it brew for 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl whisk 3 whole eggs and sugar. Add brewed infusion. Whisk the mixture over a double boiler until thick. Remove from the heat and add raspberry mixture. Whisk well. When the mixture is cool add butter cream and mix thoroughly to form a thick cream.
- Place egg whites in a clean bowl and beat until stiff peak forms. Add sugar gradually and beat until thick and glossy. Then add egg yolk one at a time. Beat well.
- Lightly fold in flour, cocoa powder and warm milk. Pour into a greased baking sheet or Swiss roll tin.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Turn out into an oil paper sprinkled with caster sugar. Roll up with oil paper and allow to cool on a wire rack. Then unroll and spread Hibiscus & Raspberry cream on the Swiss Roll and re roll without oil paper. Freeze for 2 hours. Then slice and serve.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah t-Series Designer Gourmet Teas
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- t-Series Natural Rosehip with Hibiscus