Food : Appetisers
RED SNAPPER UDON WITH LIQUORICE FLAVORED DASHI AND ATSINA
- 250g red snapper, skin off, boneless
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 5g garlic, grated
- 5g ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp cream
- 2x10 cm konbu seaweed
- 2 handful katsuobushi
- 1 tsp liquorice powder
- Red radish
- 1 punnet Atsina cress
- In the Robot-Coupe, blend the fish with cornstarch, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, salt and pepper. Put the mix in a piping bag and set aside till required.
- To make the dashi, bring 1 litre of water to the boil, add the konbu pieces and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add the katsuobushi and take it off the boil. Allow to infuse then strain.
- Add liquorice powder to taste.
- To serve, put the fish noodle in a bowl and pour hot dashi on top and use some Atsina and radish slices for garnish.
Created by : Brouck Jean-Francois