Food : Appetisers
- Celery stalk jelly
- 1200g whole celery
- 10g gelatin
- 10g sugar
- 2g salt
- Edible gold leaf
- Dilmah Exceptional Fragrant
- 250ml mineral water
- 5 bags Dilmah Exceptional Fragrant Jasmine Green Tea
- 30g sugar
- 25g gelatin
- Caramel Mount Buffalo hazelnuts
- 10 whole Mount Buffalo hazelnuts
- 200ml water
- 200g sugar
- 1 tsp glucose
MethodCelery stalk jelly
- Juice the whole celery and freeze in big block.
- Defrost on top of cheese cloth over perforated tray with container to collect the defrosting juice.
- Once the juice is all extracted repeat the same process.
- Weigh up 400g of the extracted celery juice and set aside.
- Bring 1/4 of celery juice, sugar and salt to boil.
- Remove from heat and immediately add pre-soaked gelatin.
- Whisk to dissolve and add the remaining celery juice.
- Mix in the edible gold leaf.
- Pour into mould or container and refrigerate until required.
Dilmah Exceptional Fragrant Jasmine Green Tea
- Combine the tea and mineral water to make cold infusion.
- Remove the tea bags and weigh up the infusion. Top up
- Combine sugar with 1/4 Dilmah Exceptional Fragrant
- Whisk to combine and bring to boil.
- Remove from heat and immediately add pre-soaked
- Refrigerate until required.
Caramel Mount Buffalo hazelnuts
- Toast the hazelnuts, remove skin and keep warm.
- Make caramel by bringing water, sugar and glucose to boil until
- Add the warm hazelnut and combine well to ensure even coating.
- Use fork to remove the hazelnut from caramel.
- Cool on marble and store in airtight container until required.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Exceptionals
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Exceptional Fragrant Jasmine Green tea