Food : Soups
Rabbit Broth with Italian Almond Tea and Winter Vegetables
• 2 tea bags Dilmah Exceptional Italian Almond Tea
• 1kg Rabbit (cut into pieces)
• 1 cup White Beans (soaked)
• 3 dessert spoons Carrot (diced small)
• 3 dessert spoons Leeks (diced small)
• 2 dessert spoons Parsnip (diced small)
• 3 dessert spoons Celeriac (diced small)
• 3 dessert spoons Barley (soaked)
• 1 cup Shredded Cabbage
• 2.2l Chicken Stock
• 2 dessert spoons Chives (snipped)
• 2 dessert spoons Parsley (chopped)
• 2 Sprigs Thyme
- Place rabbit pieces into a large pot, cover with chicken stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 3 hours.
- In a small pot, bring soaked white beans to boiling point and simmer until cooked. Drain and reserve. Repeat process with barley, drain and reserve. Remove rabbit from stock and strain stock through a fine sieve
- . Let the meat cool and de-bone. Cut rabbit meat into small pieces. Bring stock to simmer and add vegetables, white beans, barley and thyme. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the Italian Almond Tea and infuse for 3 minutes. Remove tea bags and thyme. Add rabbit meat, chives and parsley. Divide evenly into 6 bowls and serve with crusty bread.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Exceptionals
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Exceptional Italian Almond Tea
Created by : David Pugh