Food : Appetisers
Rabbit and Ceylon Green Tea Soup with Confit Rabbit in Jiaozi Pastry, Chervil and Dill
• 1 tea bag Dilmah Pure Ceylon Green Tea
• 100g Rabbit meat
• 10g each of - onions, carrot, celery, celiac, parsnip (diced)
• 2g Garlic (finely diced)
• 500ml Chicken stock
• 1 Bay leaf
• 2 sprigs Chervil
• 2 sprigs Dill
• 2 sprigs Italian parsley
• 1 tomato (finely diced)
• 50ml Olive oil
• 1 Lemon (juiced)
• 6 Jiaozi pastry (rice pastry)
- Fry the rabbit in olive oil until lightly browned. Add the vegetables and garlic and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bay leaf and cook for 1 hour. Remove the meat and shred reserving ½ for the pastry.
- To place the rabbit in the jiaozi pastry simply ball up some rabbit meat with a little bit of the herbs and place on the pastry. Rub with water and cover with another piece of pastry to seal the parcel.
- To finish simply heat the soup with the green tea, rabbit meat and vegetables.
- Place the pastry into the soup and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the green tea, season with salt and pepper, add the remainder of fresh herbs and tomato and serve.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Ceylon Green Tea
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Pure Ceylon Green tea All Natural
Created by : Johnny Triscari