Food : Appetisers
PUFF PASTRY FILLED WITH DUCK, GRATIN AND GRAVY
• 140g Duck Breast
• 35g Chicken
• 75g Pork
• 35g Sub-Walnut Calf
• 40g Lard
• 30g Farce Gratin
• 50g Duck Liver, 30g diced, 20g sieved
• Madeira Cognac
• Truffle Juice
• 23g Fat Bacon
• 23g Lean Pork
• 230g Chicken Liver
• 100g Red Wine
• 100g Port Wine
• Juniper Berries
• 350ml Water
• 28g Salt
• 120g Melted Butter
• 300g Cake Flour
• 500g Bread Flour
• 340g Butter, for folding
- Dissolve the salt in cold water and mix with
the melted butter. Add the cake flour and bread flour in the butter-water mixture and stir.
- Mix the dough, wrap it with a plastic film and rest in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle; place the butter in the centre. Fold the sides of the dough over the butter to make them overlap slightly in the centre.
- Roll out the dough, fold the bottom third up over the middle, then fold the top third over, roll it out and repeat the folding.
- Rest the dough in the fridge for 3 hours, and then repeat the folding twice.
- Cut out circles from the dough.
- Spread a disc of dough; put the meat filling in the centre to form a core. Put another disc of dough on top. Seal and polish with egg yolk.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and bake for 16 minutes.
Created by : Ng Wai Kee