Food : Main Courses
Prawn cocktail infused with Breakfast tea
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 5 pequin chilies
- 3 tsp BREAKFAST TEA brewed for 5 minutes and chilled.
- 100 ml tomato juice
- salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 50 g cooked octopus, chopped
- 50 g cooked calamari, chopped
- ½ cup peeled, diced short cucumber
- ¼ cup diced tomato
- 1 tbsp diced jalapeño chilli
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onion
- 120 g poached peeled prawns
- juice of ½ a lime
- ½ an avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp chopped coriander
- 1 tsp chopped spring onion
- 20 g water crackers
- 10 g lightly salted corn chips
- Place the garlic clove, pequin chilies and 1 teaspoon of BREAKFAST TEA in the base of a large mortar and pestle and crush to a fine paste. Add the Tea stock and tomato juice, season with salt and pepper and mix through. If you are making multiple portions or want to serve the cocktail in an alternate bowl, transfer the mixture into serving dishes at this point.
- Add the ingredients in the following order, distributing them gently around the bowl for presentation. First Octopus, then calamari, cucumber, tomato, jalapeño chilli, red onion, chopped coriander and finally chopped spring onion.
- Arrange the prawns on top of the dish then dress with the lime juice. Arrange the avocado around the plate, then garnish with the remaining coriander and spring onion. Serve with water crackers and corn chips.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Founder's Anniversary Reserve
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- BREAKFAST TEA
Created by : Peter Kuruvita