Food : Appetisers
POT ATO CRÈME CARAMEL
• 250g Japanese sweet potato
• 250ml milk
• 30g sugar
• 2 whole eggs
• 1 yolk
• 100ml cream
• 1 vanilla pod
Caramel for Potato Crème Caramel Ingredients
• 100g sugar
- Peel and steam the potatoes until they are soft enough to make mash. After steaming, mash the potatoes til smooth.
- Boil milk and cream in a pot.
- Mix eggs, yolk and sugar in a bowl.
- Add 1/3 of the boiling liquid in to the egg mix.
- Add all the mashed potato and make into a paste.
- Add the above to the remaining liquid.
- Strain the mix.
Caramel for Potato Crème Caramel
- Place sugar in a pot with little bit of water until wet sandy texture.
- Bring sugar to caramel colour.
Created by : Misaki Montgomery