Food : Appetisers
Pork Barbeque with Maharaja Reserve Assam
- You will need 20 bamboo skewers soaked in cold water for this recipe.
- 1kg pork belly
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup calamansi juice or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup 7up, sprite or beer (optional)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown or white sugar
- 1/2 cup of banana or tomato catsup
- Use a long sharp knife to slice pork meat into thin and long slices - 1/4 inches thick and less than 2 inches wide.
- Reserve some of the marinade for a dip, bring it to the boil and serve it with the skewers.
- Do not use the marinade before cooking as this will make you sick.
- Combine the pork, soy sauce, garlic, onion, calamansi juice, lemonade, pepper, sugar and catsup in a large bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes-1 hour to marinate. (This tenderizes and adds flavour to the pork barbeque.)
- Preheat a barbecue grill on medium-high.
- Thread pork evenly among skewers.
- Add to barbecue and cook, turning occasionally, brushing with extra marinade, for 5-7 minutes or until pork caramelises and is cooked through. Transfer to serving platter.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Exceptionals
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Exceptional Maharajah Reserve Assam
Created by : Peter Kuruvita