Food : Savory
Peking Duck Wrapped in Black Tea Flavoured Peach Pancake
- 700g Roasted Peking duck breast (thinly sliced)
- 200g Julienne of peach in syrup
- 5g Spring onion julienne (white part only)
- 300g Cucumber, julienne
- Peach sauce
- Roasted sesame
- Chervil leaves
For the peach puree
- 400g Peach in syrup
- 15g Peach tea leaves
- 15cl Water at 90°C
- 20g Butter
For the crepe
- 250g Sifted all-purpose flour
- 2pcs Whole egg (130g)
- 25g Peach flavored black tea
- 25cl Water
- 5g Salt
- Steep the tea in the water for 8 minutes. Strain.
- In a liquidizer puree the peach till smooth.
- In a sauce pot cook both puree and tea until it obtain a compote consistency.
- Add butter.
For the crepe
- Steep the tea in 90°C water for 8 minutes. Strain and allow to cool.
- Mix in the flour and egg.
- Add the tea (add water if necessary to have the proper consistency for the batter).
- With a non-stick pan of 25cm diameter on medium heat, pour a small portion to make a wrapper.
- Once the batter’s bubbles start to top, flip the crepe over to cook the other side.
Assembly / FInishing
- With the crepe, wrap the duck, spring onion, cucumber and peach julienne.
- String up the filled crepe in three different parts.
- Cut the duck wrap in 3 portions from high to low 7, 5, 3cm.
- Spoon and spray some peach sauce on the plate.
- Line the duck wrap topping the brushed peach sauce.
- Garnish with chervil, and toasted sesame.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah t-Series Designer Gourmet Teas
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- t-Series Peach