Food : Main Courses
NEW SOUTH WALES BLACK TRUFFLE AND FRESH PEA GELÉE, BABY RED RADISH AND GOLDEN CHANTERELLE MUSHROOMS
- 100g peas, frozen
- 2ml water
- 20ml water
- ½ sheet (0.5g) gelatin
French Golden Chanterelle Mushroom, Baby Red Radish and Snow Pea Flowers
- 6 French chanterelle mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 baby red radishes
- 6 snow pea flowers
- Very quickly blanch peas in boiling water - not enough to cook them, but just a bit more than to thaw them.
- Shock the peas in ice water.
- Add the peas to a blender with 2ml cold water and purée until smooth. Pass through a fine strainer.
- Bloom the gelatin in 20ml of boiling water until fully dissolved. Cool it down a bit and then stir it into the pea mixture.
- Season with sea salt.
- Pour onto a flat tray and refrigerate until set.
- Cut into 3cm diameter circles and place each circle on a serving dish.
Frenchw Golden Chanterelle Mushroom, Baby Red Radish and Snow Pea Flowers
- Cook chanterelles on medium high heat with olive oil and sea salt until cooked through.
- Place each mushroom on each of the 6 pea gelée circles.
- Clean and slice the red radishes into 6 equal pieces and place each slice next to each chanterelle.
- Place one snow pea flower next to each radish slice and cooked chanterelle on top of each circle of pea gelée.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil on top of each and sprinkle a bit of sea salt and serve.
Match this with Green Tea with Jasmine Flowers Iced Tea
- Built drink, non-alcoholic tea-based drink made with Dilmah Green Tea with Jasmine Flowers, Elder Flower Cordial and Fresh Seasonal Fruit.
Created by : Bree Stafford.