Food : Main Courses
MUSTARD FRUIT AND VENISON
- 200g fresh New South Wales venison, trimmed
- 1 tbsp dried fruit, chopped and soaked in Port wine
- Dash of olive oil
- ¼ tbsp poorman’s orange marmalade
- Good quality Italian mustard fruit
- 200g almonds
- 200g pistachio
- 100g chia seeds
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sumac
- Approx. 250 ml water
- Dice venison into very fine pieces by hand.
- Soak the chopped dried fruits in port wine.
- Add a dash of olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper and the orange marmalade.
- Mix all together and taste.
- This needs to be sweet and have body.
- Slice into very fine slices. (Best to use a pear or apple for colour)
- Toast all nuts then process everything in a blender till grainy.
- In a bowl, add water till the mixture is able to stick together. Be careful not to make the mixture too wet.
- Roll out with a rolling pin till 3mm thick.
- Bake at 175C till it begins to brown and crisp.
Created by : Mitchell Grady