Food : Savory
Mini Lamb Pies with Moroccan Mint
IngredientsMini Lamb Pies with Moroccan Mint
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Brown Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 500g Minced Lamb
- ¼ cup (40g) Plain Flour
- 1 cup (250ml) Beef Stock
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 12 tea bags Dilmah Moroccan Mint tea
- ¼ cup Mint, finely chopped
- 4 sheets (25cm) ready-rolled Shortcrust Pastry, thawed
- 2 large Pontiac Potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Thin Cream
- 30g Butter, melted
- Mint to serve, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens.
2. Add the mince and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 5 mins or until mince changes colour. Add the flour and cook, stirring for 2 mins or until well combined.3. Add the beef stock, tomato paste and Worcestershire Sauce and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins or until sauce thickens slightly.
4. Remove from heat and add tea bags. Set aside for 5 mins to infuse and to cool slightly. Remove tea bags and add mint and stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
5. Meanwhile, use an 8cm round pastry cutter to cut discs from the pastry sheets. Line the base and sides of forty-eight 30ml (11/2 tbs capacity) mini muffin pans. Use a fork to lightly prick the bases of pastry cases. Place in the fridge for 15 mins to rest. Bake in oven for 15 mins or until golden brown and crisp.
6. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Place over high heat and bring to the boil. Cook for 15 mins or until tender. Drain well. Use a potato masher or fork to mash until smooth. Add the cream and stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
7. Spoon the lamb mixture among the pastry cases. Spoon the mashed potato over the lamb mixture. Drizzle with the melted butter. Bake in oven for 10 mins or until heated through and golden brown. Place on a serving platter and sprinkle with shredded mint to serve.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah t-Series Designer Gourmet Teas
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- t-Series Moroccan Mint Green Tea
Created by : Peter Kuruvita