Food : Appetisers
MEMBRILLOS WITH MURT A
• 8 Quinces
• 500g Murta
• 2kg Sugar
• 4l Water
• 4 Canning Jars
- Prepare syrup by combining sugar and water for light syrup in a stainless steel saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce heat to low and keep warm until needed, taking care not to boil down. You may also add a cinnamon stick or star anise if you like.
- Peel the quinces, remove the seeds and slice into quarters for better fit. Wash and drain the murta.
- Combine quinces, murta and syrup in a large stainless steel saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and boil gently for 25 minutes, until heated through.
- Pour mixture into the canning jars, placing the lid on it as soon as possible. After 24 hours, check to see if the lid is sealed. If it is, it will not flex up and down when the centre is pressed.
Created by : Cristian Gomez