Food : Main Courses
STRAWBERRY STICKY RICE
IngredientsIngredients for Strawberry Sticky Rice
- 500ml Water
- 5g Dilmah’s Ceylon Tea with Strawberry, for the rice mixture
- 200g Sticky Rice
- 100g Condensed Milk
- 100g Coconut Milk
- 5g Dilmah’s Ceylon Tea with Strawberry, for the milk mixture
- Pinch of Salt
Ingredients for Strawberry Meringue
- 50g Egg White
- 100g Sugar
- 1g Finely Ground Dilmah’s Ceylon Tea With Strawberry
MethodStrawberry Sticky Rice Method
- In a small pot boil the water with 5g of strawberry tea, allowing it to simmer for a few minutes and then straining the leaves and placing aside for the tea to cool down.
- Wash the sticky rice in cold water until the water is clear from starch. Place the rice into a small container and pour the cold tea over and allow to soak in the refrigerator overnight.
- Strain the rice and discard the tea. Place the rice into a steamer and steam for 25 minutes.
- While the rice is steaming place the condensed milk, coconut milk, strawberry tea and salt in a small pot and bring to a simmer. After simmering for ten minutes remove from the heat and strain.
- Remove the rice from the steamer and add the hot milk to the rice, stirring everything together and finally wrapping with cling film for fifteen minutes allowing the rice to soak up the liquid.
Strawberry Meringue Method
- Over a double boiler whisk the egg white with the sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Place the mixture into a kitchen aid and whip until it expands in volume and becomes stiff. Add the ground strawberry tea and pipe small meringues. Bake at 80°C for 4 hours.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Silver Jubilee Gourmet
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Silver Jubilee Ceylon Tea With Strawberry
Created by : Reinolf Moessl