Food : Main Courses
Lively Lime and Orange Tea Infused and Earl Grey Marinated Duck Breast
- 2 duck breasts, skin removed
- 1 cup Dilmah Exceptional Elegant Earl Grey tea, keep the brewed leaves
- 1 cup Dilmah Exceptional Lively Lime and Orange Fusion tea
- 300ml apple juice
- 2 small eschallots, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon coriander seeds
- ½ bay leaf
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 3 tablespoons duck fat
- 100ml Good beef jus
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 50ml olive oil
- 1 orange, zested, juiced, reserving 20ml
- 1 small frizze lettuce
- 50g roasted walnuts
- 50g cooked green beans
- 12 black olives
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Brew the Elegant Earl Grey tea and the Lively Lime and Orange Fusion tea separately.
- Strain teas into a bowl and set aside to cool, reserving the tea leaves.
- Place duck breasts in a high-sided container with 1 teaspoon of Elegant Earl Grey tea leaves. Add the apple juice, eschallots, coriander seeds, bay leaf, and thyme and eschallots.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 2 hours to marinate.
- Drain duck breasts from marinade and place in vacuum bag.
- Add the duck fat and beef jus and season with salt and pepper.
- Add 100ml of Lively Lime and Orange tea and ½ teaspoon of reserved tea leaves. Seal bag and cook in 48°C water bath for 25 minutes.
- Combine oil, orange juice and zest in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange lettuce, walnuts, beans, olives and tomatoes on serving plates. Thinly slice duck and arrange over salad. Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Exceptionals
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Exceptional Elegant Earl Grey
Created by : Peter Kuruvita