Drink : Mocktails/Iced Tea
Liquid Popcorn with Italian Almond Caramel Froth
- 25g canola oil
- 100g popcorn kernels
- 750g water
- 90g butter
- 75g white sugar
- 7g salt
Italian Almond Caramel Froth
- 250g white sugar
- 200g water
- 75g simple syrup, 50/50 sugar and water brewed with 6 Dilmah Italian Almond Tea bags for 3 minutes
- 5g lecithin
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over high heat until just smoking. Add popcorn and cook, covered, shaking the pan, for 3-4 minutes or until kernels have popped. Reserve 125g of popcorn and set aside.
- Combine 125g popcorn, water, butter, sugar and salt in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes or until popcorn is tender.
- Strain popcorn mixture through a fine strainer into a bowl, using the back of a spoon to push as much liquid as possible through until only the popcorn remains.
- Transfer the liquid to a blender and blend at high speed for 3 minutes or until frothy. Set aside and keep warm.
Dilmah Italian Almond Caramel Froth
- Combine the sugar and 75g of the water in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat to high and cook, without stirring, until syrup reaches 171°C on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat.
- Carefully add the remaining water and sugar syrup and whisk until combined.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Add the lecithin and use a hand blender to blend until frothy.
- Pour the popcorn mixture among serving glasses.
- Spoon over caramel froth and serve immediately.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Exceptionals
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Exceptional Italian Almond Tea
Created by : Peter Kuruvita