Food : Main Courses
LANGOUSTE WITH PUMPKIN MOUSSE AND SEA BUCKTHORN
IngredientsIngredients for Pumpkin Mousse
- 1 small Butternut Squash
- 2 Eggs (cooked for 4minutes)
- 1tbsp. Crème Fraiche
- 100ml Grape Seed Oil
- Salt and Pepper
Ingredients for Sea Buckthorn
- 200g Sea Buckthorn
- 100g Honey
- 50ml Sherry Vinegar
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- Pinch of Salt
Ingredients for Pickled Pumpkin
- 1 Uchiki Kuri Pumpkin, sliced and shaped
- 100ml White Balsamic Vinegar
- 100ml White Wine
- 100ml Water
- 100g Sugar
- Coriander Seeds, Star Anise, Lemon Juice
Ingredients for Langouste
- Freshly caught spiny Lobster
MethodPumpkin Mousse Method
- Peel the pumpkin, chop to medium sized dice, then roast in the oven until golden brown.
- Place in robot coupe, add the eggs and blend it with the grape seed oil.
- Add the crème fraiche at the end, season with salt, sieve and place in piping bag.
Sea Buckthorn Method
- Bring to boil the honey with vinegar and vanilla. Cool down, add sea buckthorn. Vacuum it, and steam at 60°C for 10 min. Pick out the nicer berries for garnish, and blend the left over in robot coupe. Use the coulis to brush the langouste once it is cooked.
Pickled Pumpkin Method
- Bring all ingredients to boil, add the sliced pumpkin, cook for 2mins. Cool in the liquid itself.
- Set the oven on steam. Prick the lobster tail with a long needle, so that it will stop the tail from curling during cooking. Steam at 72°C for 56 mins (or depending on size). Clean it carefully, keep it warm, and brush with the sea buckthorn coulis.
Created by : Vilmos Dohnal