Food : Main Courses
LAMB KOFTA WITH TEA CRUMPETS
Ingredients for Mint Butter Sauce
• 20g Shallot
• 4-5 White Peppercorns, cracked
• 50ml White Vinegar
• 50ml Cream
• 10g Fresh Mint, chopped
• 100g Butter, diced
Ingredients for Mint Crumpet
• 125ml Brewed Warm Moroccan Mint Green Tea
• 1tsp. Tea Leaves (same tea)
• 250ml Warm Milk
• 1tsp. Dried Yeast
• 1tsp. Sugar
• 225g Strong Flour, sifted
• ½tsp. Salt
• 10 Fresh Mint Leaves, finely chopped
Ingredients for Lamb Kofta
• 100g Lamb Mince
• 20g Red Onion, finely chopped
• 10g Continental Parsley Leaves, finely chopped
• 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
• Pinch Ground Cumin
• Pinch Ground Coriander
• Pinch Ground Cinnamon
• 10g Tomato Paste
• 35g Fresh Breadcrumbs
• 1 Egg, lightly whisked
• Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
• 2tbsp. Olive Oil
MethodMint Butter Sauce Method
- Reduce the vinegar, shallots and peppercorns and half the mint in the vinegar. Add the cream. Gradually mix in the butter. Take off heat, let cool and pass through muslin cloth. Season and add the remaining chopped mint.
Mint Crumpet Method
- In a bowl add the brewed tea and milk. Sprinkle over dried yeast and sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Add the flour, mix into the batter – this should resemble a thick cream.
- Cover and allow to rest for 1 hour in a warm place.
- Mix thoroughly; add salt, tea leaves and fresh mint.
- Using a non-stick pan or griddle, spoon batter into greased rings, cook for 5-6 minutes until ‘holes’ appear on the top of the Crumpets, turn, cook for a further 1 minute.
- Heat under the grill/salamander before use.
Lamb Kofta Method
- Combine the lamb, onion, parsley, garlic, cumin, coriander, cinnamon and tomato paste in a bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs and egg, and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture into 8 patties. Place on prepared tray. Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for 15 minutes to chill.
- Lightly oil and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Natural Green Tea Selection
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Moroccan Mint Green Tea
Created by : Max Rauch