Food : Main Courses
Lamb Kofta with Tea Crumpets
IngredientsIngredients for Mint Butter Sauce
- 20g Shallot
- 4-5 White Peppercorns, cracked
- 50ml White Vinegar
- 50ml Cream
- 10g Fresh Mint, chopped
- 100g Butter, diced
Ingredients for Mint Crumpet
- 125ml Brewed Warm Moroccan Mint Green Tea
- 1tsp. Tea Leaves (same tea)
- 250ml Warm Milk
- 1tsp. Dried Yeast
- 1tsp. Sugar
- 225g Strong Flour, sifted
- ½tsp. Salt
- 10 Fresh Mint Leaves, finely chopped
Ingredients for Lamb Kofta
- 100g Lamb Mince
- 20g Red Onion, finely chopped
- 10g Continental Parsley Leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- Pinch Ground Cumin
- Pinch Ground Coriander
- Pinch Ground Cinnamon
- 10g Tomato Paste
- 35g Fresh Breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg, lightly whisked
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2tbsp. Olive Oil
MethodMint Butter Sauce Method
- Reduce the vinegar, shallots and peppercorns and half the mint in the vinegar.
- Add the cream.
- Gradually mix in the butter.
- Take off heat, let cool and pass through muslin cloth.
- Season and add the remaining chopped mint.
Mint Crumpet Method
- In a bowl add the brewed tea and milk.
- Sprinkle over dried yeast and sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Add the flour, mix into the batter – this should resemble a thick cream.
- Cover and allow to rest for 1 hour in a warm place.
- Mix thoroughly; add salt, tea leaves and fresh mint.
- Using a non-stick pan or griddle, spoon batter into greased rings, cook for 5-6 minutes until ‘holes’ appear on the top of the Crumpets, turn, cook for a further 1 minute.
- Heat under the grill/salamander before use.
Lamb Kofta Method
- Combine the lamb, onion, parsley, garlic, cumin, coriander, cinnamon and tomato paste in a bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs and egg, and stir until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture into 8 patties.
- Place on prepared tray.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for 15 minutes to chill.
- Lightly oil and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Natural Green Tea Selection
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Moroccan Mint Green Tea
Created by : Max Rauch