Food : Main Courses
LA CRÊPE SUZETTE
• 200g Sieved Organic Flour
• 1tbsp. Sugar
• 1 pinch of Salt
• 260ml Organic Milk
• 3 Eggs
• 1 ½tbsp. Melted Butter
• 1/4 Orange Peel, grated (keep orange for sauce)
• 150m Orange Juice (from 3-4 medium oranges)
• 1 Small Lemon, rind grated and juiced
• 1tbsp. Castor Sugar
• 3tbsp. Grand Marnier or Cointreau
• 50g Unsalted Organic Butter
- In a bowl put flour, sugar and salt together, add the egg and milk and whisk well to avoid any lumps (if lumps occur, pass through a sieve or chinois).
- To this, add the melted butter and grated orange skin. Let it set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Heat a pan and slightly butter the pan, then pour a small ladle of the crêpe mix and swirl the pan around so that the crêpe mix covers the bottom of the pan very thinly (in most case the first crêpe is a try).
- Then, repeat the process 10 times. Pile the crêpes on top of each other so they don’t dry. Keep aside.
- In a heated pan melt the sugar until golden brown, then add the lemon and butter and, as soon as it is melted, pour the orange juice in. Reduce until you obtain a nice thick sauce.
Created by : Laurent Loudeac