Food : Main Courses
KUNAFA TUBE WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE AND PINK GRAPEFRUIT CREAM
- 100g White Chocolate Pistels
- 250ml Double Cream
- 1 Pink Grapefruit, zest and juice
- 1 Grapefruit Segment, chopped
- 30g Castor Sugar
- 200g Kunafa Dough
- 50g Ghee
- 100g Sweet Melon, de-seeded and sliced
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Place the chocolate pistels into a ‘bain-marie and allow to melt.
- Add 100ml hot cream to the chocolate, mix thoroughly.
- Whisk the remaining cream until soft peaks are formed.
- Reduce the grapefruit juice and zest together with the sugar.
- Fold the cream into the chocolate and gradually add the grapefruit syrup.
- Place into a piping tube.
- Wrap the Kunafa around a food-safe tube (2cm dia), spray with ghee and allow to bake at 175°C for 8 minutes,
- Dust with icing sugar and allow to cool.
- Pipe in cream and allow to set.
- Garnish with sweet melon slices, pomegranate seeds and grapefruit segments. Serve.
Created by : Max Rauch