Food : Appetisers
Kangaroo Island Marron with Pan-Fried Potato Terrine, Duck-Skin Salad and Lively Lime & Orange Tea Sauce
• 1 tea bag Dilmah Exceptional Lively Lime & Orange Fusion
• 1 live Marron or Crayfish
• 1 Egg (white only)
• 2 Potatoes
• 1g Paprika
• 1 Garlic (peeled & chopped)
• 50ml Olive oil
• 2 sprigs each of Chervil, Dill, Italian parsley, Snow Pea shoots
• 1 Chilli (sliced thinly)
• 1 Duck skin (roasted crispy)
• ½ Lime
• 1 Shallot (sliced)
• 20ml Brandy
• 100ml Duck stock
• 5g Butter
- Peel the potato and cut into 3cm chunks. Season with salt and pepper. Roast with olive oil, garlic and paprika at 175°C for 30 minutes, then press into a square tin lined with grease proof paper to ensure there are no air pockets. Refrigerate overnight.
- Holding the marron firmly cut in half from the centre to the end of the head.
- Turn the marron around and proceed to cut the tail in half. Remove the meat from half the marron and chop. Place in a bowl and season.
- Add one egg white, a small quantity of the herbs and mix well. Remove the head shell and claw and set aside with the other half.
- Prepare the salad garnish by mixing all the herbs, chilli, chopped roasted duck skin, a few drops of olive oil, lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a medium to hot pan fry a cube of potato until golden brown, season and keep warm. Wipe out the pan and add more oil then season the half marron and pan fry for 30 seconds on each side with the head shell and claw. Remove the head shell only and fill with the chopped marron mix.
- Push against the potato standing up. Place in a hot oven for 5 minutes.
- Add the shallots and butter to the pan and cook for two minutes then add the brandy and cook for 10 seconds. Add the duck stock and the tea and cook until the sauce has reduced by a small quantity. Remove the tea bag and set aside.
- To serve, place the potato head in the middle of the plate and remove half of the marron meat and place around the potato. Place the salad on top and then strain the sauce on and around the plate.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Exceptionals
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Exceptional Lively lime and Orange fusion
Created by : Johnny Triscari