Food : Main Courses
JASMINE GREEN TEA CHICKEN DUMPLING IN CONSOMMÉ CHICKEN, MUSHROOM AND SPRING ONION WONTON
- 500ml chicken stock
- 5g coriander roots
- 3g ginger
- 1g cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 1 bay leaf
- 30ml Sake
- 25ml Mirin
- 20ml light soy sauce
- 8 wonton wrappers
- 20ml vegetable oil
- 8g button mushrooms, diced
- 2g spring onions, chopped
- 1g chopped garlic
- 1g coriander
- 120g chicken mince
- 7 bags Dilmah Fragrant Jasmine Green Tea
- Clarify the chicken stock and bring it to a boil.
- Remove from flame; add bay leaf cinnamon stick, cloves, star anise, ginger and coriander.
- Cover it with foil and let it infuse the flavour of spices.
- Add soy sauce, Sake and Mirin.
- Pass through cheesecloth twice till the stock becomes clear.
- Sauté garlic, shallots and mushroom in oil. Add chicken mince and cook for 15 minutes. Add finely chopped coriander and adjust seasoning.
- Make wontons with chicken mince and wonton wrapper.
- Blanch the wontons in tea (3 bags)
- Garnish the soup plate with shredded chicken, mushroom, egg noodles and spring onion.
- Dip the tea bags and dry ice into the hot consommé when serving.
Created by : Naomi Elizabeth Kilpatrick