Food : Main Courses
ITALIAN ALMOND SALTED CARAMEL MACAROON
- 110g icing sugar
- 60g almond meal
- 60g egg whites
- 40g castor sugar
- Dilmah Italian Almond Tea, brewed as per pack instructions
- 50g sugar
- 60ml cream
- 50g butter
- 1tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Dilmah Italian Almond Tea
- ½ tsp amaretto
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Sift together almond meal and icing sugar.
- Beat egg whites and sugar in a bowl until stiff peaks form. Add the brewed tea once it has cooled.
- Mix the egg whites into the almond meal. Put the mixture into a piping bag and pipe 2-3cm rounds onto trays lined with baking paper.
- Place macaroons in an oven, turn the heat down to 130C and cook for approx. 15-20 minutes.
- Place sugar in a saucepan on high heat and cook until it becomes a caramel colour.
- Add cream to the sugar and stir until well combined.
- Take the saucepan off the heat. Add tea and amaretto.
- Cut butter into cubes. Slowly add butter until well combined. Add salt.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah t-Series Designer Gourmet Teas
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- t-Series Italian Almond Tea
Created by : Stacy Skidmore