Drink : Mocktails/Iced Tea
Iced Green Tea with Jasmine Petals and Chamomile Flowers
IngredientsChamomile Ice Cubes
- 500ml boiling water
- 2 tsp Dilmah Pure Chamomile Flowers
- Extra Chamomile flowers for garnish
- 4 Dilmah Green Tea with Jasmine Petals tea bags
- 880 ml spring water, at room temperature
- J. Friend Blue Borage honey dissolved in a little hot water
- 1kg persimmons
- 1 cardamom pod
- 150ml apple juice
MethodChamomile Ice Cubes
- Infuse 2 teaspoons of chamomile flowers with boiling water for 2 minutes for a mild infusion.
- Allow to cool.
- Place a few flowers in each compartment of an ice cube tray.
- Pour over infusion and freeze.
- Add tea to water and allow to brew in the fridge for 10 hours.
- Purée persimmons and cardamom and strain through a fine sieve.
- Add 3.2g of Algin per 500ml liquid and blend to dissolve and combine.
- Pour into a piping bag and leave to hang in fridge for 2 hours to allow any air to dissipate.
- Make Calcic bath by dissolving 6.4g of Calcic in 1 litre of cold water.
- Cut off the tip of the piping bag and dribble the purée into the Calcic bath. The drops will form small beads.
- Once set, remove them from the bath to avoid hardening.
Build the Drink
- Place ice cubes in a stem-less wine glass.
- Pour 100ml cold brewed tea over the ice cubes.
- Add ½ tsp of honey syrup and stir.
- Garnish with persimmon pearls
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah t-Series Designer Gourmet Teas
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- t-Series Pure Chamomile Flowers
Created by : Benjamin Mardle