Drink : Mocktails/Iced Tea
HOTTER THAN THE AUSSIE OUTBACK COMFORTER
- Combine all ingredients in the top chamber of the syphon* and place it on an angle to delay the brewing process from starting, until your water is boiled to the correct temperature.
- Light the flame underneath your syphon and heat the water until it reaches 100°C.
- Once it has reached boiling temperature, place the top chamber into place in your syphon. This will start the process for the boiling water to reach up into the brewing chamber.
- Stir your ingredients well into the water to aid the brewing process and cover with lid.
- The ingredients will brew for a total of 3 minutes. After 1.5 minutes, ensure you stir your mixture again.
- After 3 minutes, remove the flame from the bottom of your syphon. Lift the lid of the brewing chamber and stir a final time.
- Your brewed drink will be filtered back into the bottom chamber. Once all has drained, remove the top chamber from the syphon.
- Leave your drink to cool slightly (this will help intensify your flavours) and serve.
*Whilst primarily used to brew coffee, we have introduced the syphon technique with our comforter to offer a different and engaging brewing experience. Originally invented in the 1830s, the syphon now finds itself becoming more popular than ever – nestled inside only the trendiest cafes in town. We find it a fitting contribution to our 21st century inspired High Tea!
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Silver Jubilee Gourmet
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Silver Jubilee Blood Orange & Eucalyptus
Created by : Geoff Laws