Food : Main Courses
Green Tea and Jasmine Scented Steamed Prawns with Jalapeno Vinaigrette
- 125ml olive oil
- 10ml rice vinegar
- 20g jalapeno chillies, finely chopped
- 25g garlic cloves, crushed
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Dilmah Exceptional Fragrant Jasmine Green Tea leaves
- 10 green tiger prawns, peeled leaving tail intact, deveined
- 50g puffed quinoa
- 3 teaspoons sumac
- 3-4 small red radishes, thinly sliced
- 50g mixed salad leaves
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, chilli, garlic, pepper and coriander in a small bowl. Whisk until well combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Bring 3 litres of water to the boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the Fragrant Jasmine Green Tea and stir to combine.
- Place the prawns in a bamboo steamer over boiling water and cook for 3-5 minutes or until prawns change colour and curl.
- Combine the puffed quinoa and sumac in a small bowl. Drizzle half the dressing over the salad leaves and gently toss to combine. Arrange salad on serving plates with radishes and prawns. Drizzle with remaining dressing and sprinkle with quinoa.
- Serve immediately.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Exceptionals
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Exceptional Fragrant Jasmine Green tea
Created by : Peter Kuruvita