Food : Main Courses
GOLDEN FRIED EGG TOFU ARANCINI, TOMATO CHUTNEY
- 250g vegetable stock
- 10g olive oil
- 25g white onion, finely chopped
- 5g garlic cloves, crushed
- 100g arborio rice
- 15g grated parmesan
- 2g salt
- 1g white pepper, grounded
- 55g eggs
- 50g Japanese breadcrumbs
- 35g plain flour
- 30g egg tofu cut into 1cm pieces
- 1l vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 100g tomato coulis
- 5g fresh chervil (garnish)
- Place the stock in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté, stirring occasionally until the onion is soft.
- Add the rice and glaze the grains until slightly glassy.
- Add 125ml of the simmering stock to the rice and stir constantly with a spoon until the liquid is completely absorbed.
- Continue to add the stock, 1 ladle at a time, stirring occasionally and allowing the liquid to be absorbed before adding the next ladle.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice is al dente and the risotto is creamy.
- Stir in the parmesan. Season with salt and freshly ground white pepper. Set aside for 2-3 hours to cool completely.
- Add half of the eggs and stir until well combined
- Place the breadcrumbs in a GN tray. Place the flour in a GN tray. Crack the remaining eggs into a stainless steel bowl and whisk lightly.
- Use wet hands to shape 2 tablespoons of the rice into a ball. Press your thumbs into the center of the ball to make an indent. Place a piece of egg tofu in the indent then mould the rice mixture around the tofu to enclose. Repeat with the remaining rice mixture and tofu to make the balls.
- Roll the rice balls in the flour and shake off any excess. Dip in the egg, then in the breadcrumbs and lightly press to coat. Place on a GN tray, cover with glad wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Add enough oil in a large saucepan and heat to 190°C over medium-high heat. Add desired number of rice balls to the oil and deep fry until golden. Remove and place on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Place the rice balls on a serving plate and serve with tomato chutney.
Created by : Yuli Hariyanto