Food : Appetisers
Gentle Minty Green Tea Lamb Koftas
- 1kg Leg or shoulder of lamb, cut into 2cm cubes
- 3 tablespoons Dilmah Exceptional Gentle Minty Green Tea, brewed strong, strained, liquid reserved; 2 teaspoons of brewed tea leaves reserved
- 2 medium brown onions, thinly sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of allspice (optional)
- 3-4 tablespoon roasted pine nuts (optional)
- 1 green cucumber, coarsely grated
- 250g Greek-style yoghurt
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat a charcoal grill.
- Place the lamb and brewed Gentle Minty Green Tea in a large glass or ceramic bowl.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Transfer the lamb to the bowl of a food processor with the onion, parsley, salt and pepper and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the all spice, pine nuts and reserved tea leaves and mix until well combined.
- Shape lamb into 10cm-long oval shapes and place on a plate.
- Place in the fridge to set.
- Meanwhile, to make the tzatziki, use your hands to squeeze as much liquid from the cucumber as possible.
- Place in a bowl.
- Add the yoghurt, pepper, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, oil and salt and stir to combine.
- Cook the kebabs on the charcoal, turning occasionally, for 5-8 minutes until well browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Arrange on serving platter.
- Serve immediately with tzatziki.
The range of Dilmah Tea used
- Dilmah Exceptionals
The variety of Dilmah Tea used in the recipe
- Exceptional Gentle Minty Green tea
Created by : Peter Kuruvita